Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can't add pdfs to ibooks

I have a mac pro , using a network cable to attach to my macbook pro. I am moving my pdfs over to ibooks. All has been fine but suddenly i get this message 'couldn’t be moved to “Books” because either the former doesn't exist, or the folder containing the latter doesn't exist' ? I have added a hundred already with no issue whatsoever but suddenly this ?

Tried moving the pdfs to the local drive then adding but same ? This is really bizarre as it was working and suddenly not with nothing changed

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 11, 2015 2:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2015 12:15 PM

Please read this whole message before doing anything.

Back up all data.

Quit iBooks if it's running. Test after taking each of the following steps that you haven't already taken. Stop when the problem is resolved. Quit iBooks again before going on to the next step.

Step 1

Hold down the option key and select Go Library from the Finder menu bar. From the Library folder, move the following item, if it exists, to the Trash:

Cookies/com.apple.ibooks.cookies

Step 2

Delete this item in the same way:

Preferences/com.apple.ibooks.plist

Step 3

Delete this item:

Containers/com.apple.iBooksX

and move this one to the Desktop:

Containers/com.apple.BKAgentService

Restart the computer. To log out and log back in is not enough—you must restart.

When you launch iBooks, you'll be prompted to reset the library. Confirm. The library will be empty. Rebuild it by downloading your purchases from the iBooks Store and importing any other content you added. You may find the added content in the folder named "com.apple.BKAgentService" that you moved to the Desktop.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2015 12:15 PM in response to redbrickmark

Please read this whole message before doing anything.

Back up all data.

Quit iBooks if it's running. Test after taking each of the following steps that you haven't already taken. Stop when the problem is resolved. Quit iBooks again before going on to the next step.

Step 1

Hold down the option key and select Go Library from the Finder menu bar. From the Library folder, move the following item, if it exists, to the Trash:

Cookies/com.apple.ibooks.cookies

Step 2

Delete this item in the same way:

Preferences/com.apple.ibooks.plist

Step 3

Delete this item:

Containers/com.apple.iBooksX

and move this one to the Desktop:

Containers/com.apple.BKAgentService

Restart the computer. To log out and log back in is not enough—you must restart.

When you launch iBooks, you'll be prompted to reset the library. Confirm. The library will be empty. Rebuild it by downloading your purchases from the iBooks Store and importing any other content you added. You may find the added content in the folder named "com.apple.BKAgentService" that you moved to the Desktop.

i can't add pdfs to ibooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.