Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP photosmart 6520 stopped working after last update.

I cannot get my HP 6520 to work, unless I plug it into my laptops with a USB cable. Both the direct wireless is on, along with the wireless connection to the wifi base. I don't understand what changed.

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on May 11, 2015 3:45 AM

2 replies

May 11, 2015 9:37 AM in response to Djaco

HP – Printer Not Found During Wireless Installation

HP – Wireless Printing Center

Network Printer Troubleshooting

Ping printer: If you have the printers IP address open Terminal (Applications/Utilities) and at the prompt type: ping {printerIP}. You will get a reply or failure.

If you haven't done so already, try resetting the printing system.

OS X Mavericks: Reset the printing system also Yosemite

WiFi Printer to WiFi Network - Connect

May 24, 2015 10:29 AM in response to Eric Root

I have had similar problems as Djaco in the last few weeks. I have reset printing systems, defaulted printer to factory settings, downloaded software and driver again, and connected it directly to Time Capsule. I have finally discovered if I turn the printer off and back on it finds the connection again, but that defeats the purpose of wireless printing. My biggest issue now is that I cannot get the printer to print double-sided as I did before. I have gone into several programs to change the default preset to "scale to fit" and US Letter- double sided. I used to be able to just check or uncheck the Two-Sided print box but now can't get it to print double-sided at all.

MacBook Pro, Mid-2012, Yosemite 10.10.3

HP photosmart 6520 stopped working after last update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.