Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

resetting ipod touch 5

Hello,

I have quite a troublesome problem with my ipod touch of the fifth generation.

A couple of weeks ago, my home button started working worse, and by now it won't work at all. And now today, my ipod is suddenly blocked -not as in 'locked', but as in 'stopped working'-

The problem is: the ipod turned itself off -or something similar to that-, and as my home button doesn't work, I cannot reset it without my computer.

I did connect the ipod to my computer after updating itunes to be sure to have the newest version. my computer, or itunes, however do not notice the ipod at all. So I can't reset my ipod using itunes either!

Now my question is: does anyone have an idea how to possibly reset my ipod touch? you would be a great help! 🙂

Thanks for reading and helping!

Elina

(Sorry for mistakes in my english, it is not my mother tongue)

iPod touch (5th generation)

Posted on May 11, 2015 9:21 AM

1 reply

May 11, 2015 10:48 AM in response to evlangen

If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone and use Remote Wipe to erase the contents of your device. If you have been using iCloud to back up, you may be able to restore the most recent backup to reset the passcode after the device has been erased.

You can also wipe the iOS device by installing the FindMyiPhone app on another iOS device and using that app to wipe the device.

Otherwise find a computer with iTunes and an internet connections and used the method specified in this previous discussion to place the iPod in Recovery mode

Turn on without Home/Power Button

Then restore via iTunes

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

resetting ipod touch 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.