Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move music from computer to iCloud

I am running out of space on my computer, so I thought perhaps I could store it all on iCloud. I have a Mac running Yosemite 10.10.3 on a 15" Macbook Pro Retina. Does my question actually make sense? I mean is it possible to do? I have 36 GB music and I need all the space I can get.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 11, 2015 8:23 AM

5 replies

May 14, 2015 11:55 AM in response to LauraMackie

Hello Laura,

That’s right. The articles linked below should provide a little more information and clarification about iTunes Match and iCloud.

Subscribe to iTunes Match - Apple Support

More about iTunes Match

• iTunes Match is limited to 25,000 songs.
  • iTunes Store purchases made with the same Apple ID being used for iTunes Match do not count towards the 25,000 song limit.
  • Unmatched content will be uploaded as is. Upload time varies depending on the amounts uploaded and local network speeds.
  • Song files larger than 200 MB won't be uploaded to iCloud.
  • Song files longer than two hours in length won't be uploaded to iCloud.
  • Songs containing DRM (Digital Rights Management) won't be matched or uploaded to iCloud unless your computer is authorized for playback of that content.

iCloud storage upgrades and downgrades - Apple Support

When you sign up for iCloud, you automatically get 5 GB of free storage for Mail, Backup, iCloud Photo Library, and iCloud Drive. Your purchased music, movies, apps, books, TV shows, and shared albums don’t count against that free storage. If you need more iCloud storage, you have two options:

If you have an annual plan, you can upgrade or downgrade to one of the monthly plans above only.

So long,

-Jason

How do I move music from computer to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.