Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Apple Support Survey email genuine or bogus?

User uploaded file
I received an email from AppleSupport@insideapple.apple.com asking me to click a link to fill in a survey on my iPhone support experience. Is this a legitimate email from Apple or a bogus email about to entrap me if I follow the link?

As:

(1) I have not contacted Apple support of late; and

(2) the email provides no identifying info to give me any comfort the email is genuine;

I can only assume it's bogus. In which case, all beware.

If it's legit - then *** Apple! Give us a fighting chance against the hackers and pirates out there by at least making genuine contact identifiable as such.

iPhone 6

Posted on May 11, 2015 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2015 10:42 AM

Rick

Agree on all points...

The only way to be sure that any email is genuine is to investigate the URLs that are REALLY on links and buttons.

• What URL displays when you hover your cursor over the blue [Take the Survey] button? If it has the " apple.com " at the end of the domain, it is very likely genuine - it may likely have a subdomain in front of it like the email address does " insideapple.apple.com " although that as a URL in a browser goes nowhere but an error page AT apple.com.
  • If you click on the button, and it takes to an Apple domain - or could be somewhere else as a redirect to a "market research" company domain, you could safely work through the survey and see if they really try to gather personal identifying data and merely bail if so.
  • OR you could just ignore it

http://www.apple.com/privacy/privacy-policy/ has a couple of references to online surveys in it - they do 'em and so do their affiliate service providers.

ÇÇÇ

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2015 10:42 AM in response to RickOxfordshire

Rick

Agree on all points...

The only way to be sure that any email is genuine is to investigate the URLs that are REALLY on links and buttons.

• What URL displays when you hover your cursor over the blue [Take the Survey] button? If it has the " apple.com " at the end of the domain, it is very likely genuine - it may likely have a subdomain in front of it like the email address does " insideapple.apple.com " although that as a URL in a browser goes nowhere but an error page AT apple.com.
  • If you click on the button, and it takes to an Apple domain - or could be somewhere else as a redirect to a "market research" company domain, you could safely work through the survey and see if they really try to gather personal identifying data and merely bail if so.
  • OR you could just ignore it

http://www.apple.com/privacy/privacy-policy/ has a couple of references to online surveys in it - they do 'em and so do their affiliate service providers.

ÇÇÇ

Is Apple Support Survey email genuine or bogus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.