Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iDVD 7.1.2 crashes a lot; I'm running Yosemite 10.10.3

iDVD 7.1.2 crashes a lot; I'm running Yosemite 10.10.3. This problem started after last OX S upgrade in April 2015.

Crashes when:

1) When I try to add a movie

2) When I try and save current theme as a favorite

3) When I try to add a photo

Also, iDVD does not recognize "Photo", the replacement for iPhoto.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 11, 2015 11:13 AM

7 replies

May 11, 2015 11:54 AM in response to sf29

Try this basic troubleshooting fix:

1 - delete the IDVD preference file, com.apple.iDVD.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/Preferences folder.

2 - delete the contents of IDVD'S cache folder: User/Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iDVD.

User uploaded file

3 - launch IDVD and try again.

NOTE: In Lion and Mountain Lion the Home/Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and press the Return key - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder. This also works for Mavericks and Yosemite,.

If you're running Mavericks or Yosemite go to your Home folder and use the View ➙ Show View Options menu to bring the this window:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

May 11, 2015 1:59 PM in response to sf29

Thank you for the quick response, I'll implement and let you know.

One information point I forgot to share. When I tried adding a movie, photo or when I tried to save, some of the time I would receive a request that "atos was debugging and you need to provide your password" - what is atos/?

May 12, 2015 8:51 AM in response to sf29

I don't think iDVD is in this category as you're the only one who's reported it in this forum.

Log into another user account and try to launch iDVD there and create a test site.

If iDVD won't work there then here's what I'd do:

1 - Boot into the Recovery volume (boot with the Command + R keys held down), select Disk Utility and repair both the disk permissions and the disk.

if that fails to help continue with

2 - Boot into the Recovery volume (boot with the Command + R keys held down) and reinstall the system.

iDVD 7.1.2 crashes a lot; I'm running Yosemite 10.10.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.