Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Sync - Photos - "Selected albums" greyed out

When trying to sync an iPhone 6 Plus running 8.3 with iTunes 12.1.2.27 and Photos 1.0 on my Mac running 10.10.3, in the Sync Photos section, the "Selected albums" is greyed out. Previously with the earlier versions I was able to select specific albums to sync instead of "All photos and albums." I have re-started my Mac and iPhone, I tried using WiFi and then re-started everything, and also turned off WiFi and used a USB cable. I cannot seem to find a Support link describing this issue. I would appreciate help. thanks, Bob

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 11, 2015 11:45 AM

6 replies

Jun 9, 2015 1:53 PM in response to bkolitz

I had the same issue on an iPhone 6.

I went to 'Photos' - System Prefs and clicked the 'Use as system photo library' button which then became greyed out. When I went back to iTunes the '0' photos to sync was now showing 5,000.... So I'm now syncing but it remains to be seen whether these will create duplicates of what will be almost the same set of photos on the iPhone.

iTunes Sync - Photos - "Selected albums" greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.