Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes error when uploading podcast. Help!

"We had difficulty downloading episodes from your feed."

Thanks in advance

Mike

Here is the link to our feed.

http://mikevsjoeshow.com/?format=rss

Posted on May 11, 2015 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2015 2:03 PM

Everything seems to be in order on the face of it. The errors FeedValidator shows up don't affect iTunes (and are largely to do with the presence of iframes in the 'content:encoded' tags, which should be avoided - though iTunes does not read this tag). Another validator also showed the same results, but CastFeedValidator.com threw up an http 403 error (access forbidden). I've no idea what that's about.

The actual media file in the top episode plays without downloading in a browser as it should, and the server appears to accept byte range requests as is required. However the file is quite slow to download, with a noticeable delay before it starts, and this may be the cause of the problem: I don't know what the timeout in the Store is but it's possible that when checked the server was sufficiently slow to trigger an apparent failure.

I don't know anything about Squarespace, which is where the file is hosted, but I suspect it's not the best place to host episodes, particularly if it's going to be slow to respond.

However you could leave it for a day or so and try again on the offchance that it works better then. If it still fails you may have to start thinking about another server.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2015 2:03 PM in response to Russifer

Everything seems to be in order on the face of it. The errors FeedValidator shows up don't affect iTunes (and are largely to do with the presence of iframes in the 'content:encoded' tags, which should be avoided - though iTunes does not read this tag). Another validator also showed the same results, but CastFeedValidator.com threw up an http 403 error (access forbidden). I've no idea what that's about.

The actual media file in the top episode plays without downloading in a browser as it should, and the server appears to accept byte range requests as is required. However the file is quite slow to download, with a noticeable delay before it starts, and this may be the cause of the problem: I don't know what the timeout in the Store is but it's possible that when checked the server was sufficiently slow to trigger an apparent failure.

I don't know anything about Squarespace, which is where the file is hosted, but I suspect it's not the best place to host episodes, particularly if it's going to be slow to respond.

However you could leave it for a day or so and try again on the offchance that it works better then. If it still fails you may have to start thinking about another server.

iTunes error when uploading podcast. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.