Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

access settings on Time Capsule

I am connected to the internet through my Time capsule/airport (network 2) to my Verizon router (Network) I can reach the Verizon router to make changes in its wireless set up but I cannot access my Time capsule/airport router to check/change settings.

The Time capsule/airport is connected to the Verizon router via an Ethernet RJ47 cable and not wirelessly.

I have attempted to reach the Airport from my computer both directly wired or through its WiFi network.

The Verizon Wireless router address is 192.168.1.1 and as near as I can tell the Airport is 192.168.1.2 but I cannot reach it

I have launched the Airport APP and it gives information but no access to change any settings. What am I doing wrong?

iMac (24-inch Early 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 1 Tb RAID 1 (mirrored) configuration

Posted on May 11, 2015 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2015 2:29 PM

The settings for the Time Capsule and other Apple routers are not accessed using a web interface.

Use AirPort Utility on your Mac if you want to access the settings of the Time Capsule.

Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

User uploaded file

Click on the Time Capsule icon and another smaller window will appear. Click Edit in that smaller window

User uploaded file

That will reveal a page with tabs across the top for general topics. Click on the tab representing the topic that you need to adjust.

User uploaded file

An alternate method to access the settings........

Open AirPort Utility

Hold down the option key on your Mac while you double click on the Time Capsule icon

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2015 2:29 PM in response to JohnFreitag

The settings for the Time Capsule and other Apple routers are not accessed using a web interface.

Use AirPort Utility on your Mac if you want to access the settings of the Time Capsule.

Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

User uploaded file

Click on the Time Capsule icon and another smaller window will appear. Click Edit in that smaller window

User uploaded file

That will reveal a page with tabs across the top for general topics. Click on the tab representing the topic that you need to adjust.

User uploaded file

An alternate method to access the settings........

Open AirPort Utility

Hold down the option key on your Mac while you double click on the Time Capsule icon

access settings on Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.