Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No podcast support with iTunes

My podcast was recently rejected, after being on iTunes for a full year. I've sent countless emails, and have only gotten the same automated response stating that I may have violated any number of issues. I talked to someone from general support on the phone and they couldn't help me at all because it wasn't their department. So my question is, how do I go about having my podcast reinstated? If I clean up curse words in the show summaries, will it fix itself and automatically be accepted by iTunes again? Where can I find someone to talk to who may have an idea on what exactly it is I need to change to be reinstated and the process by which to achieve this? Thanks to anyone who can assist me with this.

Joe

Posted on May 11, 2015 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2015 11:35 PM

The contact for podcasts is podcasts 'at' apple.com though they won't help you with things which are a problem in your feed.

The rules about strong or sexual language are that if any episode contains them the 'itunes:explicit' tag for the episode must be set to 'yes'. However you are not allowed such language in title description, summary or subtitle even if the tag is set to 'yes', because those who might be offended would see them without any warning.

Other possible reasons for rejection (and I'm not accusing you of any of them) include unacceptable sexual content (the sort that can get you arrested), racism, incitement to hatred, misuse of trademarks, and breach of copyright (i.e. using commercial recordings without written clearance).

Once you are satisfied you have addresses any likely problems you can re-submit your podcast as if it was a new one. You will probably need to change the title slightly to get round a bug which tells you it's already been submitted, even if it's been rejected - you can change the title back once accepted provided doing so doesn't change the feed URL.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2015 11:35 PM in response to Leviathan Pridecast

The contact for podcasts is podcasts 'at' apple.com though they won't help you with things which are a problem in your feed.

The rules about strong or sexual language are that if any episode contains them the 'itunes:explicit' tag for the episode must be set to 'yes'. However you are not allowed such language in title description, summary or subtitle even if the tag is set to 'yes', because those who might be offended would see them without any warning.

Other possible reasons for rejection (and I'm not accusing you of any of them) include unacceptable sexual content (the sort that can get you arrested), racism, incitement to hatred, misuse of trademarks, and breach of copyright (i.e. using commercial recordings without written clearance).

Once you are satisfied you have addresses any likely problems you can re-submit your podcast as if it was a new one. You will probably need to change the title slightly to get round a bug which tells you it's already been submitted, even if it's been rejected - you can change the title back once accepted provided doing so doesn't change the feed URL.

No podcast support with iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.