Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, After waking up from sleep on bootcamp the alt ctrl del keys do not work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi All,

I've had several users where after putting their laptops to sleep and bringing it back the alt ctrl del screen ceases to work. Without sleep it works just as it should or after plugging in a usb keyboard. Bootcamp drivers are up to date and I'm at a dead end. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Vinh

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 7

Posted on May 11, 2015 6:31 PM

12 replies

May 12, 2015 12:51 PM in response to vinh.truong

Are these laptops plugged into power adapter when put in Sleep mode? What happens if instead of using a keyboard to wake the laptops, the power adapter is unplugged and plugged? Can you check Event Viewer for any events related to built-in keyboard and power?

W7 and W8+ have issues in correctly discovering devise when coming out from sleep. You should also check in Advanced Power options for events that can wake up the laptops.

May 12, 2015 1:06 PM in response to Loner T

The laptops aren't plugged in when put to sleep. It wakes up just fine and the trackpad works but the keyboard doesn't. I know theres a hardware test as i've seen it done at the apple store in the past. Would you happen to know how to get to the keyboard test they have during boot up. I will look at the events for both power settings.

Thank you

May 12, 2015 1:46 PM in response to vinh.truong

I am not aware of a keyboard-specific test. You can try Using Apple Hardware Test - Apple Support.

If the trackpad works, is this an external BT trackpad or the internal built-in one? Can you test the keyboard by pressing the Shift or Fn+Shift key after the machine comes out of sleep?

The internal keyboard and trackpad are tied to the same USB hub. The Keyboard driver is not being loaded up correctly.

Can you enable Remote Desktop on these Macs, and connect from another PC/Mac via a Remote Desktop connection and check the Device Manager after the designated Mac comes out of sleep?

May 21, 2015 6:30 PM in response to vinh.truong

Sorry about the duplicate question, I should have looked further back. 😟

After a normal Windows installation and BC drivers are installed. At this point there are no exclamation mark/yellow triangle devices. Now if you put the machine to sleep, it shows you a yellow triangle/exclamation mark. Is this set of events and state of the keyboard correct?

Hi, After waking up from sleep on bootcamp the alt ctrl del keys do not work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.