Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update safari 8.0.6

When i click app store it says I have software available but it will not update. this is for safari 8.0.6 and Digtal Camera RAW Compability Update 6.04

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 11, 2015 10:59 PM

2 replies

May 11, 2015 11:26 PM in response to connbo

Open the Go menu with the Option (Alt) key pressed - Library - Preferences. Locate the 'com.apple.appstore.plist' file and move it to the Trash. After that, restart your Mac and open the App Store. Sign in to your account and try to update Safari.

Take a look at this thread: Safari won't update

If the instructions provided there won't work, try these steps.

- Shut down your Mac

- Wait until your computer turns off and after that press the Power button

- Right after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key

- Release the Shift key when you see a grey Apple sign and the progress bar below this sign

- Once you see Desktop, start a Disk Utility scan to detect and repair file system errors (don't forget to choose your main hard drive)

- Click on Verify Disc and then, if asked to fix problems, on Repair Disk

- After this, click on Verify Disk Permissions and then on Repair Disk Permissions

- After the process is finished, shut down your Mac and turn it back on after about 30 seconds

As a final step, you may try reinstalling OS X.

Save all the files you want to keep (photos, documents etc.) on a separate drive or in the cloud. Make sure you are connected to the Internet. After that, follow these steps:

1. Restart your Mac. Once it restarts and the grey screen appears, press and hold the Command and R keys.
  2. Select Disk Utility and click Continue.
  3. Select your startup disk on the left and click the Erase tab.
  4. Choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) from the Format menu, enter a name, and then click Erase.
  5. Select Reinstall OS X, click Continue, and then follow the instructions on your screen.

Hope this helps!

Jun 29, 2015 9:54 PM in response to D.Cohen

I have the same problem... I've tried everything mention...

reinstalled OS X.. trashed prefs...

nothing works..

currently have Safari 8.0.4... will not update to 8.0.6

Stuck on what to do... I've researched this endlessly, paid $30 to apple and their tech support all the way to 3rd tier support and still with no fix.

seriously... it's just an iMac... simple update should work....

any suggestions out there?????????

update safari 8.0.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.