Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor 3 Unable to Submit Queue

Brief summary.

I recently had to purchase a new (used) iMac because my old one's FireWire Ports stopped working. That was a 2.16 GHz running on Lion 10.7.5

Now I have a 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, running Yosemite 10.10.3

I have the Academic Final Cut Studio 2 which was running successfully on Snow Leopard on my older iMac

(which I recently upgraded to Lion but never got to use FCS on Lion because of the bad FireWire port situation)

Utilizing Rosetta, FCP 6 is working on my Yosemite iMac, but when I went to export to Compressor 3, I get the Unable to Submit Queue (restart or verify installation) message. And when I have Compressor open, FCP locks up everytime.

I checked to update software but via Yosemite, the App Store says I have no upgrades available.

I know there should be upgrades. Because on my older iMac, Compressor goes up to 3.0.5 and FCP is 6.0.6

However, on my Yosemite iMac, Compressor & FCP are at their base versions (and Motion is blanked out so I can't even open that)

So How then do I get the upgrades via Yosemite for Final Cut Studio 2?

Or do I need to revert back to Lion or SnowLeopard for Final Cut Studio to work correctly?

Posted on May 12, 2015 12:06 AM

5 replies

May 12, 2015 5:12 AM in response to Scott Winterle1

Scott Winterle1 wrote:

But I wouldn't mind reading about anybody else's issues using earlier versions of FCP on Yosemite

Agree with Tom that you're best off asking about this on the FCS forum

FWIW, if I had a unsupported version of an application suite that was stable on a specific OS (which I do), and I wanted to continue using those applications, I'd freeze that OS/application combination and not to push my luck with later OS versions. The past two OS upgrades have broken some things in FCS 3…I would expect more of the same going forward.

Russ

Jun 13, 2015 12:21 PM in response to Russ H

Aye, I know the feeling. I actually had that type of setup (FCS3 on 10.7.4), and... it suddenly stopped working (DSP wouldn't read project files, and even TextEdit wasn't able to update/write to simple files - hardware diagnostics turned up nothing, and couldn't find a workaround). What I appear to have ended up with (knock on wood) is... FCS3 on 10.10.3 - was reading elsewhere that this was working for some, ran FCS Remover first to clean everything up, did an FCS2 install, followed by an FCS3 upgrade, and... seems the only issue I'm having is that I can't configure Qmaster under System Preferences (it launches and then immediately quits without any type of error). Even LiveType from FCS2 seems to work. This is likely to be my new stable (?) platform "until further notice"... 😎

Compressor 3 Unable to Submit Queue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.