Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Real Apple or Phishing Email?

User uploaded fileI received an email from Customer Service Apple <notification@apple.com>. Is this a real Apple email? I'm distrustful because:

1. It contains an attachment and not a link.

2. The attachment is asking me to input my credit card information.

The email content is as follows:

Dear Apple Client

This is an automatic message by the system to let you know that you have to confirm your account information within 48 hours.

Please follow next steps or your account will be blocked in order to protect it.

Once you have updated your account records, your information will be confirmed and your account will start to work as normal once again.

This will help protect you in the future. The process does not take more than 5 minutes.

Please download the form attached to this email and open it in a web browser.

Once opened, you will be provided with steps to avoid blocking of your account

Failing to do so will be considered a denial of our terms and conditions and your account will be permanently closed.

We appreciate your understanding as we work to ensure your account safety.

Security Apple ID20152839

Copyright © 2015 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.

The attachment looks exactly like the apple site, but I'm not sure. Can anyone help me out and tell me if this is really real? Or is it just a way to get my info? Because as you can see my ID is working fine here. But I was not able to log in to my Apple ID from my iPad yesterday.

Please help. I don't want my ID to be "permanently deleted" but then again I'm not interested in getting scammed either.

Cheers

Tora

iPad, null

Posted on May 12, 2015 2:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2015 2:50 AM

It is a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

The link below has information to help identify fraudulent emails.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4933

3 replies

Real Apple or Phishing Email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.