Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant connect my ipod to wi-fi at home but can other places other people say to press forget but it doesn't work either if i connect and reconnect it hasn't been working for 6 months and i want to get it fixed before my birthday ALL I HAVEWI-FI

NO WI-FI FOR 6 MONTHS AND EVERY WHERE ELSE BESIDES HOME WORKS 😠 😢. I KNOW HOW TO RECONNECT IT AND PRESS FORGET IT BUT IT DOSEN'T WORK😢 😢 😢 😢 😢

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 12, 2015 4:13 AM

2 replies

May 12, 2015 7:14 AM in response to VanillaPaddlePop

Does the iOS device connect to other networks? If yes that tends to indicate a problem with your network. Yes

Does the iOS device see the network?

Any error messages?

Do other devices now connect?

Did the iOS device connect before?

Try the following to rule out a software problem:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Power off and then back on your router

.- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

- iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

- Wi-Fi: Unable to connect to an 802.11n Wi-Fi network

- iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem and it does not connect to any networks make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

May 12, 2015 8:26 AM in response to VanillaPaddlePop

I've had this almost identical issue since this past January 2015... problems starting a few seconds after the iOS 8.x.x "update". I did not have any luck with any advice here, or at the Apple Genius Bar when I went there in person. I believe I tried EVERY suggestion... and most of them many many times, including" Forget All Network Settings, Restore, DFU, re-enter Password, Change Password on Router, Update Firmware on Router, PURCHASE A NEW ROUTER, etc etc.

Finally... this morning I'm having success with changing a setting on my Belkin Dual band router. If the 5 Ghz is 20/40 Mhz.... switch it to 20 Mhz for the 5 Ghz band. I haven't a clue as to why this works, and it might be temporary good news, but today I'm streaming flawless Pandora One with iPod 5th Gen docked on a stereo at least 40 feet and a different floor from the Wifi router.

As I've said...This 5th Gen iPod has been working perfect wifi at many other locations, just never at my home like it did before the iOS update last January.

Good Luck

I cant connect my ipod to wi-fi at home but can other places other people say to press forget but it doesn't work either if i connect and reconnect it hasn't been working for 6 months and i want to get it fixed before my birthday ALL I HAVEWI-FI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.