Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot get rid of gridlines when printing, I have read all the posts here but they do not solve the issue, please help

I have created a spreadsheet and filled the cells with blue. On the screen the table appears as one solid colour, yet when I print, I can see all the guides. I have looked and cannot find a way to get rid of this. Can anyone help?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 12, 2015 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2015 6:56 AM

Hello Jacob

I think I have been able to recreate what you are after. I was able to successfully print the example below without any gridlines.

User uploaded file

Here are the steps I had to take

Select the range you don't want any gridlines for - B2 to E7 in my example

Choose the format icon in the top right cornect

Choose Cell from the list of format areas

Choose the all border icon (Top right corner in the "Border" box)

Choose "No Border" from the drop down list

I was able to print the sample spreadsheet without any gridlines around the selected area.

Hope this is helpful

Regards,

SoftwareAddict1462

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2015 6:56 AM in response to JacobAdamsMusic

Hello Jacob

I think I have been able to recreate what you are after. I was able to successfully print the example below without any gridlines.

User uploaded file

Here are the steps I had to take

Select the range you don't want any gridlines for - B2 to E7 in my example

Choose the format icon in the top right cornect

Choose Cell from the list of format areas

Choose the all border icon (Top right corner in the "Border" box)

Choose "No Border" from the drop down list

I was able to print the sample spreadsheet without any gridlines around the selected area.

Hope this is helpful

Regards,

SoftwareAddict1462

May 27, 2015 10:06 AM in response to SoftwareAddict1462

Hi Mate,

This didn't work for me. I tried the "no border approach". The problem was that when all cells were a very dark colour, I did not see gridlines while editing, but they showed up in the printout. They were microscopic. The solution I found in the end, was to change the colour of the border to the colour of the cell fill. This in essence made them disappear, though they were still there. I'm not sure why selecting no border did not fix the problem. Thanks for your efforts to help.

cannot get rid of gridlines when printing, I have read all the posts here but they do not solve the issue, please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.