Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can´t delete keyboard shortcuts. Keep coming back!!!

Have added many keyboard shortcuts, but every time I decide to update them, and even delete some I don´t use any more, they just keep showing up again after a few hours or days.

How can I solve this issue?

It´s getting me angry.

Must be some bug that keeps bringing what I deleted back

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3, null

Posted on May 12, 2015 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 4:43 PM

I have the same problem and I asked about it... this might help you

Thanks for contacting AppleCare chat support. My name is Stephanie. How can I help you?

Me:hello, my Keyboard Shortcuts keep coming back after I deleted them. This has happened every time I tried to delete them

StephanieHi ***. So from what I understand, when trying to delete keyboard shortcuts they will come back. Is this right?

Me:Do you know how to get rid of them? I have been looking things up all afternoon trying to find the solution

Me:yes

StephanieI can gladly help you out with this today. I know it is a pain when you want to customized your phone a certain way and it does not want to work.

Me:thanks

Me:so, how can i solve this?

StephanieI ran into this issue one other time with someone. I did have to reach out with a senior advisor. It has something to do with the iCloud and syncing.

StephanieWasn’t a fix for it. They did suggest to try deleting the iCloud from the phone and adding it back onto the phone.

Me:did that get rid of the shortcuts?

StephanieThe only thing he also said is to look at this thread here:https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6656922(Opens in new window)(Opens in new window)(Opens in new window)(Opens in new window)(Opens in new window)(Opens in new window) People have thrown out a lot of different ways they tried to fix it.

Me:i can try that and see if it works, it usually goes away for about 2-3 days then come back

StephanieYes. Seems to be what happens. The person I worked with was going to look over that thread to see if anything worked for him.

Me:ok... I'll look at it now and see what I can find

StephanieAlright. Is there anything more I can do for you today?

Me:i just look over the thread and I think that probably is the problem because I have too much in my icloud storage and i get a message every time i plug in my phone that says it is unable to back up and that i need to delete things or upgrade my storage.

StephanieThat may be something actually. Never though of that.

Me:I will probably look into getting more storage so that I don't loose anything and this will possibly stop occuring

Me:thank you for your time, this has helped a lot more then all of the websites that I have looked at.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2015 4:43 PM in response to Nunol

I have the same problem and I asked about it... this might help you

Thanks for contacting AppleCare chat support. My name is Stephanie. How can I help you?

Me:hello, my Keyboard Shortcuts keep coming back after I deleted them. This has happened every time I tried to delete them

StephanieHi ***. So from what I understand, when trying to delete keyboard shortcuts they will come back. Is this right?

Me:Do you know how to get rid of them? I have been looking things up all afternoon trying to find the solution

Me:yes

StephanieI can gladly help you out with this today. I know it is a pain when you want to customized your phone a certain way and it does not want to work.

Me:thanks

Me:so, how can i solve this?

StephanieI ran into this issue one other time with someone. I did have to reach out with a senior advisor. It has something to do with the iCloud and syncing.

StephanieWasn’t a fix for it. They did suggest to try deleting the iCloud from the phone and adding it back onto the phone.

Me:did that get rid of the shortcuts?

StephanieThe only thing he also said is to look at this thread here:https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6656922(Opens in new window)(Opens in new window)(Opens in new window)(Opens in new window)(Opens in new window)(Opens in new window) People have thrown out a lot of different ways they tried to fix it.

Me:i can try that and see if it works, it usually goes away for about 2-3 days then come back

StephanieYes. Seems to be what happens. The person I worked with was going to look over that thread to see if anything worked for him.

Me:ok... I'll look at it now and see what I can find

StephanieAlright. Is there anything more I can do for you today?

Me:i just look over the thread and I think that probably is the problem because I have too much in my icloud storage and i get a message every time i plug in my phone that says it is unable to back up and that i need to delete things or upgrade my storage.

StephanieThat may be something actually. Never though of that.

Me:I will probably look into getting more storage so that I don't loose anything and this will possibly stop occuring

Me:thank you for your time, this has helped a lot more then all of the websites that I have looked at.

Can´t delete keyboard shortcuts. Keep coming back!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.