Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do a share a generator

My partner and I are passing a hard drive back and forth between the two of us while collaborating on a documentary. All assets are contained in the FCPX Library on the drive and everything is translating between the two of us without issue. EXCEPT for generators that I created from scratch in Motion and published to FCPX. They work fine on my computer but show up in red when passed to my partner. He can open on his computer the Motion files I created on my computer, and he can then publish them to FCPX on his computer and use them on the time line. However, when he passes the drive back to me, whatever he worked on shows up in red.

Because Generators (and Titles, Transitions, and Effects) that are native to FCPX can be smoothly used and passed back and forth between the two of us, I am assuming that our problem is that the Generators I have created in Motion are not really on the external hard drive we are passing back and forth. How do we successfully use these unique Generators within our collaboration? If that is not possible, then it means we have to limit ALL work involving these Generators to a single computer which really destroys our workflow.

Thank you in advance for any and all help!

Motion 5

Posted on May 12, 2015 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2015 11:32 AM

Your custom generators, etc are stored in the Motion Templates folder inside the Movies folder in your Home folder.

Take a look at the very last paragraph in this doc.

Russ

1 reply

how do a share a generator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.