Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to import photos from "Shared Album" on iCloud

Hey,

I would like to create a diaporama from photos that are in "Shared Album" on iCloud. In this way I must import these photos on my disk, but I can't find how...

Does anybody know how to?

Best regards,

Gilles

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 12, 2015 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2015 12:25 PM

So far the only way I have found is one at a time - open the shared PhotoStream and right click on each photo you wan tot import and select import

LN

8 replies

May 12, 2015 12:39 PM in response to Gilles69

I agree - hopefully someone will come along and point out something I've not found

And they did - it turns out that select all or selecting multiple items in a shared PHotoStream works (I found earlier that I could not do that but now I can so I must have done something wrong)

open the album, select the photos you want or select all and right click and import

LN

May 12, 2015 1:54 PM in response to Gilles69

Ok now I have an additional question.

I succeed in importing photos to my Photos album. But photos are not regrouped (they are sorted by date).

Now I am trying to do that (importing 495 photos in a repertory). This works from Album -> Repertory, but not for Shared Album -> Repertory. Nothing happens.

It seems that the Shared Album -> Repertory path is not possible. I must do Shared Album -> Album -> Repertory.

Am I wrong?

User uploaded file

May 12, 2015 2:19 PM in response to Gilles69

Not really sure what your question is. I think there is a little getting lost between the French and English.

Importing photos into Photos does not create Events (Albums). Photos go into the main library. The main view (Photos Moments) view is sorted by date of the picture and the All Photos Album is sorted by date added.

If you are trying to create slideshows without creating albums, select the photos you want in a slideshow, then choose Create Slideshow from the menu under File. You can select multiple photos either by using the shift key to select photos in in sequence, or with the command key to select individual photos out of sequence. You can do this from the Photos Moments view or from Albums.

The slideshows will be created in Projects.

If this doesn't answer your question, I'm just not understanding what you are asking.

How to import photos from "Shared Album" on iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.