Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I wanted to watch HBO Now on HDMI tv so I bought 30-pin Digital AV adapter but it only had audio NOT video. Help please.

I'm wanting to watch HBO Now on my HD TV so I bought a 30-pin Digital AV Adapter. I hooked it up BUT I'm only receiving audio not video. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Hard to watch GOT on such a small screen.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on May 12, 2015 5:53 PM

10 replies

May 13, 2015 8:11 AM in response to BxrWuv

the app don't support the old type of tout anymore and iphone4 don't support the newer airplay mirror which most apps rely on today

tested a wide range of apps and today only 2 or 3 supported the old tvout feature

i only tested with the component and the composite ones though not the hdmi but the fact that iphone 4 don't support mirror is the breaking factor

May 13, 2015 7:30 PM in response to Csound1

I thought the same BUT then I went to a previous post on the Apple Community board and I found the answer-

"For the iPhone 4S, the iPad 2 and the "new" iPad, virtually everything can be mirrored to another display. This means it will display exactly what you see on both the iPad/iPhone and the monitor. For the iPhone 4 and the 1st generation iPad, it will not mirror the screen (the processor isn't equipped for multiple display outputs.) All of these devices will allow you to watch videos/pictures/slideshows on your tv using the adapter. If the display device you are hooking it up to accepts audio through hdmi, then the audio will also be sent. Some older stereo receivers only pass through video (especially older Onkyo receivers) via hdmi."

May 22, 2015 8:09 AM in response to Marie Nicole 7

the reason some apps work is because they still support the older tout feature

when airplay mirror was released the old tv out was removed by many app developers

the only reason audio works is because all audio is played out of the rca's even if you just connect them to a stereo

the only option is to pester the app developers of supporting the old tv out std but problem is the reason people ditched it is because only iphone4 and older don't support mirror

your iphone4s should work with the hdmi one because iphone4s support airplay mirror but composite does not it being able to support as high resolution is iphones display on it's screen

I wanted to watch HBO Now on HDMI tv so I bought 30-pin Digital AV adapter but it only had audio NOT video. Help please.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.