Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to export a 320x240 jpeg for use as a splash screen

How do I convert the first frame in the timeline to a 320x240 jpg for use as a splash screen?

Ideally I'm hoping to produce a file that is around 12k.

Dual 2 G5, MacBook, iMac G3, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Oct 23, 2006 9:10 PM

7 replies

Oct 23, 2006 9:48 PM in response to Shane Ross

Thanks Shane,

Using the export function I get a 720x480 jpg which is a few hundred k in size, when what I want os a 320x240 jpg which is around 12 to 15 k tops.

Using Photoshop is not an option because it adds a few steps to the process that I cannot automate in Automator or whatever (besides, I don't see why I should have to give Adobe several hundred $ to produce a 320x240k jpg after buying a suite of video production tools from Apple)

I need either:

A. An export feature within FCP that can export multiple formats at multiple sizes

or

B. A export feature within Compressor that can export multiple formats at multiple sizes

Currently I am having to double click the 320x240.mov which is one of several formats I produce using Compressor, then use the Export function within QT to get the low quality jpg which comes in at around 12k

How to export a 320x240 jpeg for use as a splash screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.