Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to Yosemite...now bluetooth headphones do not work...sound is chopped up and sometimes no sound at all. What is the fix?

My Sony Bluetooth headphones that worked perfectly using Mavericks now produces sound that cuts in and out or is plays on only part of a song. I know Yosemite is having problems with Bluetooth. I have tried all the remedies from various forums and from Apple Tech support, but nothing clears it up. Any ideas on how to fix. I am using a year old iMac with 32gig of RAM.

Posted on May 12, 2015 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply
4 replies

May 13, 2015 5:17 PM in response to Eric Root

Evaluated each of your links. But found that none applied...I did Zap the PRAM, I did an SMC restart and even reset permissions as recommended by the Apple Tech I spoke to...none of that worked. The working environment for use of my headphones has not changed since I used the phones with Mavericks,so how the Bluetooth connectivity was degraded is a mystery to me. Nothing changed -- there are no sources of interference that I am able to identify. Appreciate you input. Hopefully Apple will take the time to evaluate this problem. FYI -- my bluetooth keyboard and mouse are unaffected.

gary

Upgraded to Yosemite...now bluetooth headphones do not work...sound is chopped up and sometimes no sound at all. What is the fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.