Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have changed my apple id but iCloud on my iphone still shows the old email then i tried to make sign out

i have changed my apple ID & it's operating well on iTunes & apple store but there is a problem on my iPhone device as it still have the old email in the iCloud account.when i make sign out & delete account,it tells me that my password is incorrect.i made my old email address as an alternative email with the new primary one but invain,,,so I need help please

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 12, 2015 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2015 2:36 PM

Hi manchi84,

It sounds like you updated your iCloud email address but you still see the old one in your iCloud settings on your iPhone so you cannot sign out. I would use the information in the following article to change it back to the old one, sign out, then change it back and sign in with the one you want to use:

If you're asked for the password to your previous Apple ID when signing out of iCloud

Update to the latest version of iOS

Update to the latest version of iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Then try signing out of iCloud again. If you're still asked for your previous Apple ID, try the steps below.

If you're trying to restore from a backup and Setup Assistant asks you for the password to your previous Apple ID, tap Skip. After you complete the Setup Assistant, you can sign in using Settings.

Change your Apple ID temporarily

Use these steps to change your Apple ID temporarily:

1. Go to My Apple ID, click Manage your Apple ID, and sign in with your current Apple ID.
  2. Select Edit next to Apple ID and Primary Email Address.
  3. Change your Apple ID to the email address that iCloud is asking you to sign in with. You shouldn't need to verify the email address.
  4. Sign out of My Apple ID.

Then sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Tap Settings > iCloud on your iOS device.
  2. Scroll down and tap Sign Out, then tap Sign Out to confirm. If you're using iOS 7 or earlier, tap Delete Account, then tap Delete to confirm.
  3. Tap Keep on My [Device] or Delete from My [Device], and enter the password for your Apple ID. Your data remains in iCloud, and it will be updated on your device when you sign in to iCloud again.
  4. If you're signed in on more than one device with this Apple ID, repeat steps 1-3 on each device.
  5. Go to My Apple ID, and sign in again.
  6. Change your Apple ID to the email address that you want to use. You'll need to verify the email address.
  7. Tap Settings > iCloud on your iOS device, and sign in with your new Apple ID.

If these steps don’t work, change your Apple ID temporarily again. Then sign back in to My Apple ID to make sure that your Apple ID was changed.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2015 2:36 PM in response to manchi84

Hi manchi84,

It sounds like you updated your iCloud email address but you still see the old one in your iCloud settings on your iPhone so you cannot sign out. I would use the information in the following article to change it back to the old one, sign out, then change it back and sign in with the one you want to use:

If you're asked for the password to your previous Apple ID when signing out of iCloud

Update to the latest version of iOS

Update to the latest version of iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Then try signing out of iCloud again. If you're still asked for your previous Apple ID, try the steps below.

If you're trying to restore from a backup and Setup Assistant asks you for the password to your previous Apple ID, tap Skip. After you complete the Setup Assistant, you can sign in using Settings.

Change your Apple ID temporarily

Use these steps to change your Apple ID temporarily:

1. Go to My Apple ID, click Manage your Apple ID, and sign in with your current Apple ID.
  2. Select Edit next to Apple ID and Primary Email Address.
  3. Change your Apple ID to the email address that iCloud is asking you to sign in with. You shouldn't need to verify the email address.
  4. Sign out of My Apple ID.

Then sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Tap Settings > iCloud on your iOS device.
  2. Scroll down and tap Sign Out, then tap Sign Out to confirm. If you're using iOS 7 or earlier, tap Delete Account, then tap Delete to confirm.
  3. Tap Keep on My [Device] or Delete from My [Device], and enter the password for your Apple ID. Your data remains in iCloud, and it will be updated on your device when you sign in to iCloud again.
  4. If you're signed in on more than one device with this Apple ID, repeat steps 1-3 on each device.
  5. Go to My Apple ID, and sign in again.
  6. Change your Apple ID to the email address that you want to use. You'll need to verify the email address.
  7. Tap Settings > iCloud on your iOS device, and sign in with your new Apple ID.

If these steps don’t work, change your Apple ID temporarily again. Then sign back in to My Apple ID to make sure that your Apple ID was changed.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

i have changed my apple id but iCloud on my iphone still shows the old email then i tried to make sign out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.