Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Isight green light indicator does not turn on when my camera is in use. (Mac book pro, yosemite 10.10)

I have noticed that although my built in camera works,

the green light indicator does not turn on anymore.

I was wonder if there was a way for me to fix this?

I was also wondering why this may have occurred.

I have a mac book pro running on yosemite 10.10

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on May 13, 2015 3:06 AM

2 replies

May 13, 2015 3:13 AM in response to eyemacuser

Try resetting the SMC controller: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

If this does not help, I'd suggest to use the safe mode boot:

Shut down your Mac

- Wait until your computer turns off and after that press the Power button

- Right after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key

- Release the Shift key when you see a grey Apple sign and the progress bar below this sign

- Once you see Desktop, start a Disk Utility scan to detect and repair file system errors (don't forget to choose your main hard drive)

- Click on Verify Disc and then, if asked to fix problems, on Repair Disk

- After this, click on Verify Disk Permissions and then on Repair Disk Permissions

May 13, 2015 9:11 AM in response to eyemacuser

eyemacuser wrote:... my built in camera works, the green light indicator does not turn on anymore. I was wonder if there was a way for me to fix this? ...

No, not unless you are an Apple-Authorized Service Provider. There are no user serviceable parts of the camera.

eyemacuser wrote: ...I was also wondering why this may have occurred...

Your Mac has a hardware failure. For hardware help, contact Apple or an Apple-Authorized Service Provider for service.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.10.3

Isight green light indicator does not turn on when my camera is in use. (Mac book pro, yosemite 10.10)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.