Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need USB keyboard wire!!!

I have an Apple USB with numeric keyboard and I need a new wire that has the USB on one end that plugs into the computer, and the on the other end has the USB female end that has that fancy niche. Where can i get a new one? It's not the wire that is directly connected to the keyboard, but the one that is wrapped separately that comes with it.

Posted on May 13, 2015 9:33 AM

2 replies

Jun 29, 2015 1:22 PM in response to mattw4

The USB keyboard extension wire was included in-the-box with the extended keyboard or

the Pro keyboard. I found a great deal on a new-old-stock white Apple USB keyboard like

what shipped with the last eMac & early Intel iMac, at moving sale, in the box with that wire.

Cost me $5. but I had to buy a large sack with a bunch of great as-new stuff for $50. So

that got me an unused Leopard 10.5 retail DVD in box, and some other items plus software.

Probably a few hundred dollars worth of Apple-branded stuff, which certainly made my day.

Some computer stores may have a USB extension cable. A few years ago I got one in a

kit which had three cords plus one extension. •Another idea if you can find one: an adapter.

The adapter fits the end of the standard printer USB cable to turn that into the correct end.

.Not sure where you may buy one now, I found mine in a cord bin 25¢ at second-hand store.

{Just today, I found a good deal on an Apple USB mouse with Roller-ball. Not sure, but it may

be an original Apple Mighty Mouse. It cost me 50¢ and now I have to clean the ball & test it.}

Hopefully by now you've located the USB keyboard extension cable. I have a few that I use

with card readers so I do not have to reach around behind computers to plug stuff into a Mac.

And also use portable Macs as desktop computers on occasion, so extra wires + wi-fi, helps.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

Need USB keyboard wire!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.