Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When software opens memory is added to program tab, under "About this Mac". Currently have 330GB software on my 250GB flash disk and the text says I have 180GB free space.

Hello!

My mac adds up memory to program tab each time I open a program. It does not happen for any other tab.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 13, 2015 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2015 10:19 AM

Reindex Spotlight:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201716

That may correct the problem. There is a bug in Yosemite with that display.

Ciao.

6 replies

May 18, 2015 1:50 AM in response to Cniven

Cniven wrote:

It worked! I did it to my whole hard drive but now all programs are under the tab Others. It there a way to fix this?

I suspect that the solution lies by fixing the bug in the program that generates this display. You could try another reindex of Spotlight and see what happens. If I want to know what I have and where, in detail, I use OmniDiskSweeper (downloaded from the Internet and free) and open it. It will show all of my files and the respective sizes. The accuracy of this display is very suspect.

Ciao.

When software opens memory is added to program tab, under "About this Mac". Currently have 330GB software on my 250GB flash disk and the text says I have 180GB free space.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.