Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setup of airport express broke internet

I was trying to set up an airport express 2nd generation on my computer. It didn't work. However, the bigger problem is that my computer recognizes my home network but won't connect to it. It created a network for the airport express. How do I undo the mess I made. My computer is Windows 7. Thanks for your help.

Posted on May 13, 2015 11:49 AM

1 reply

May 13, 2015 2:35 PM in response to beethiven24680

Delete all the existing wireless networks.. reboot the computer and start over.

Leave the Express turned off until you have connection setup to your main router again.

If you still have issues, use ethernet until you figure it out.. wireless is still voodoo technology.

And windows can easily decide to block access.. for no good, useful or apparent reason.. Ensure your firewall is off or at least not blocking your own access. If you have multiple firewalls as many anti-virus security packages have their own.. shut off all of them.

Then open a command window and ping the router.. ping by name and IP. If name fails then you have the wrong DNS in the setup. If both fail the setup is completely wrong and you need to start over.

Always remember windows has restore function.. go back a few days to when it all worked. People easily forget this is available.

Setup of airport express broke internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.