Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts App Crashing

I am having issues with the Podcasts app for iPhone. Often, while I am using it, trying to download something, or even listening and try to scroll to another Podcast, the app crashes. Is this happening to anyone else? Any way to fix this? I can't delete the app as it's a iOS app.

I also have other apps that are crashing and I am wondering if this is related or not.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 13, 2015 11:52 AM

5 replies

May 27, 2015 6:52 PM in response to Slafa

I have also had this problem for about a week. A podcast I'm subscribed to updated their icon/artwork, and whenever I try to play an episode the podcasts app lags, and whenever I pause an episode of this particular show my phone restarts. Is there any work around to this?

I have an iPhone 5c, 16gb, newest iOS (as of 5/27).

May 29, 2015 8:56 AM in response to Slafa

I am also having the same problem. I've used the Podcast app for years and have never had a problem. I also noticed that some of the podcasts photos changed, specifically Risk!, and now it is very slow to respond and whenever I unlock my phone while listening to the podcast my phone restarts. Is there anyway to submit a support ticket so that the developers will see this post and fix the issue?

I have an iPhone 6, 128GB, iOS 8.3

Podcasts App Crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.