Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone having trackpad issues with 12" macbook?

Have had unit since mid-April and now noticing that trackpad is not as responsive as first delivered. Plus, bottom of unit seems hotter than it should. I wonder if it's the dreaded battery issue causing trackpad to be challenging to use? I had the first gen macair and dealt with that unit overheating and fan running incessantly so worried.

Anyway, I realize that there are that many units out there yet but is anyone else seeing that as an issue?

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), new 12" macbook with retina display

Posted on May 13, 2015 12:49 PM

9 replies

Aug 11, 2015 2:44 PM in response to Chaz1111

I am hesitant to upgrade to yosemite,for my MacBook late 2009 is using latest of the previous OS 10.9.5

or my track pad (some features of this touch pad) are just broken. there is supposed to be a keystroke to sign-in each of the users, so I can log in when I restart my computer. It is difficult to figure out since my clicking into the box is not working at all. the cursor will not be put in -- I can get around other things, but not that. some humidity and the battery is one cause, or a dirty touchpad. Not sure.

I can use a usb mouse, but I know there is a keystroke that will let me sign-in as user without clicking in the box. That is what is not working on this laptop touchpad/mouse, the ability to resize a window w/click control. So I need a "click-control" keystroke combo that could get my cursor into the sign-in box/slot for pswd entry or just not require a password...

any ideas to fix its touchpad?

Aug 24, 2015 11:36 PM in response to ludite111

May I ask you a question? Do you use Chrome Browser and also are you often using Facebook? Cause Chrome always heat things up as well as draining battery, because once you use Google's products, they actually sucking info from you behind the scene without your notice, this hurt not only your data plan, but also processing power, RAM, and battery life, eventually your machine will feel like a hot pan. Go for Safari, this allows your machine to run extra 3 hours for browsing.

Anyone having trackpad issues with 12" macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.