Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cable - to record audio out from external device to the iPhone 6 Plus

Good afternoon:

I have a rather unique situation and wondered if any folks know of a cable that would allow me to record audio on my iPhone 6 Plus. I'll outline that situation below.

I attend a number of international conferences where key note addresses and presentations are given in various languages. The conference organizers do provide translation -- in real time -- of those presentations into several different languages.

Each participant receives a little "receiver" that has several channels -- one for each "language" (Spanish, German, English, etc.) Each participant can then plug in standard headphones or ear buds -- and hear the translation of the presentation -- in "real time" -- in their own language.

I use an iPhone 6 Plus and also have the little app for it -- "Voice Record Pro."

I would like to be able to "feed in" the audio from the "receiver" that has the standard audio connector -- and "record that audio feed" using the "Voice Record Pro" app on the iPhone 6 Plus.

I realize that this is a fairly special application -- and wondered if you know of a cable source that would facilitate this.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Dave

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 13, 2015 12:16 PM

2 replies

Aug 3, 2015 12:46 PM in response to Babaganoosh223

They also have connectors that have an extra headphone jack, so you could listen to it while recording (if your app supports monitoring).

I'm not sure how the quality is with the mic/analog in general though. If you're really serious about this, there's also some adapters used for guitar recording that use your lightning port instead. The good ones seem to be $100+.

Cable - to record audio out from external device to the iPhone 6 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.