Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is this weird lock screen keyboard bug with iPhone 6?

Hi there,

I just got my new iPhone 6 ( not Plus) a few days ago, and upgraded it to the newest IOS 8.3.

I have been encountering this annoying bug where if my phone were in a lock screen mode (doesnt matter if screen is off or on), and I receive an SMS or iMessage message, I get this black keyboard pop up on the screen and it becomes frozen. I would not be able to slide the text message to unlock the phone, nor can I slide the screen to unlock the phone( because the black keyboard is blocking it). But, luckily, I have TouchID enabled, so I could use that at least to unlock the phone each time.

Nevertheless, it is still extremely annoying whenever I get a text message. Why is this happening? Anyone has the same problem?

Thanks

IS

Screenshot of issue: User uploaded file

Posted on May 13, 2015 2:16 PM

2 replies

What is this weird lock screen keyboard bug with iPhone 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.