Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple digital AV adapter issues with ipad

Connecting my ipad to my tv with the digital av adapter and a hdmi cabel, gives me sound but no picture when I try to stream a movie. What to do?

Posted on May 13, 2015 2:20 PM

1 reply

May 15, 2015 1:09 PM in response to Hege C

Hey Hege C,

I understand that you are seeing an issue with your iPad sending signal to your TV through a Digital AV adapter. The article below has some troubleshooting steps that will help you address this issue:

Troubleshooting

If you encounter an issue using the Apple Digital AV Adapter or VGA Adapter:

• Disconnect and reconnect the adapter from the iOS device and display.
  • Connect directly to the TV, projector, or external display using a known-good VGA or HDMI cable.
  • Remove any VGA or HDMI extension cables or converters.
  • Note that accessories that convert a VGA or HDMI signal to other video formats (DVI, Composite, Component) are not supported.
  • Ensure that you are using the latest version of iOS. Some Apple Digital AV Adapters require iOS 5.1 or later.

When using an Apple Digital AV Adapter manufactured before early 2012 with iPad (3rd generation), you may see the "This accessory is not supported" alert. Dismissing the alert will allow you to use the adapter.

For optimal performance, you may need to adjust the video resolution or settings for your display. If your display offers an "auto detect" or "factory default" setting, you may be able to use these options to optimize video resolution and display.

About Apple Digital AV Adapters for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202044

Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

Apple digital AV adapter issues with ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.