Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heart Rate Logging stops when using Walkmeter

This is related to the iPhone Health app->Health Data->Vitals->Heart Rate->Show All Data which is missing data during the time period Walkmeter is running.

I have the latest Walkmeter (Elite) app installed on iPhone and Apple Watch (Milanese), I always use it to log walking exercises. Whenever Walkmeter is active and measuring, the heart rate logging of the Health app stops logging. I have verified via the green light that the heart rate hardware is still working since the light is green. So it seems only logging stops. I have contacted Abvio and opened a case with Apple and sent them screen shots of the Walkmeter and Health logs during the affected time. For instance: the Walkmeter log shows I started 5/12/15 at 2:05 PM, the walk lasted 41 minutes, the Health log shows the last measurement at 1:55, and not resuming until 3:05. This is 100 precent reproducible and cannot be circumvented in any way with any settings in Health or Walkmeter. I have been testing this for several days now and it's always consistent. Some things I did/sent to Apple:

The watch was reset, phone, also unpaired, nothing changed.

When the Walkmeter/Runmeter/Cyclemeter app is running the heart monitor stops looking activity.

The green light still works so it looks like logging is the issue.

Other vitals such as steps, etc. seem ok.

I tested this on 4 different days trying g different settings, etc. nothing changed.

I am under the opinion that nothing should stop heart rate logging, it throws off the watches calculation of excersize since I noted that during these periods I could be running and my heart rate was high but the watch is not giving me credit.

Anyone else seeing this with any other app should open a case with Apple since they need to know about it to fix it.

Posted on May 13, 2015 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2015 2:52 PM

Yes, same problem here

no heartbeat recordings when cyclemeter running - also cant get pace to work either

4 replies

May 21, 2015 8:30 PM in response to NickBarn

I haven't seen that problem - at least not when using 1.0. But I also have an issue with Cyclemeter and, just in case there is some relation, I'll explain it here:

I noticed at various times when I did something with the watch, cyclemeter would stop, just as if I hit the stop button. The most consistent pattern I ran into was when I'd tap the watch screen (which was set to show the heart rate). A number of times, but not every time, that would instantly stop cyclemeter. Sometimes I'd here the cyclemeter voice say "Stop", but not always. I've had it happen when cyclemeter was the iphone app on screen and also when a different app was (though cyclemeter was supposed to still be running).

First time it happened, I had the cyclemeter app on the watch and I think I may have had a glance for it. After that problem, I took cyclemeter off the watch, but the problem remained.

I do have a theory which, if right, may mean the problem is not related to yours. Normally I have cyclemeter running, but also Glympse on the phone (an app that lets me see other Glympse users locations I'm riding with when we are apart). And I may also get something on the Apple Messages app. I know that as you activate an app, the last used app can get pushed out of memory. I think this may be a factor, though still odd. Like maybe tapping the watch to get the heart rate is sometimes just enough to push something else out of memory in the right circumstances. Only problem with that theory is that often this problem with cyclemeter stopping is it also happens when cyclemeter is the app showing on the iphone screen. Thus it should be the least likely thing to get pushed out of active memory!

But, as far as I know, my watch still tracks the heart rate when using cyclemeter.

May 25, 2015 4:57 AM in response to NickBarn

Did another ride tonight - about 80 minutes. Cyclemeter never stopped this time. I didn't check my heart rate as often so maybe that was why. Also didn't receive or send any messages which may have also helped.

As far as heart rate is concerned, they seemed to show up in the health app just fine - typically 12 a minute in the time I checked. I do have the problem others report about the HR not being updated every 10 minutes since the 1.01 when not doing an activity though.

Heart Rate Logging stops when using Walkmeter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.