Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I upload to filezilla a website that I created with iweb?

I did it once but I don't remember and I can not figure it out! Help!!!!!

iWeb '08

Posted on May 13, 2015 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2015 2:55 PM

From the File menu choose 'Publish to a folder'. You should create a folder somewhere convenient specifically for this and choose it when publishing to a folder: this folder should not contain anything else.

You now need an FTP program (FTP is the 'protocol' used for uploading) to upload the contents of the folder (not the folder itself) to your server: I assume FileZilla is one such? You will need the server address (your hosting service can tell you that), and your username and password for that service. You can drag the contents of your folder to your webspace, or create a folder there and drag the contents to that if you prefer.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2015 2:55 PM in response to solcitokoe

From the File menu choose 'Publish to a folder'. You should create a folder somewhere convenient specifically for this and choose it when publishing to a folder: this folder should not contain anything else.

You now need an FTP program (FTP is the 'protocol' used for uploading) to upload the contents of the folder (not the folder itself) to your server: I assume FileZilla is one such? You will need the server address (your hosting service can tell you that), and your username and password for that service. You can drag the contents of your folder to your webspace, or create a folder there and drag the contents to that if you prefer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.