Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to send Apple some feature suggestions, but I'm not sure if my recommendations will be seen if I use the Product Feedback page. Is that form reliable for sending ideas? Are there other ways to make feature requests?

I'm not against using Apple's Product Feedback page in order to send my feature suggestions. I just have a few concerns about it. I need to fill out a form on that page, and once I send it, I have no way of knowing that Apple successfully received what I sent.

Also, the comments box has no information on character limits, so I'm worried that the effort I put into writing my suggestions would turn out to be a waste. I have had some experiences in the past where I tried to contact a company using an electronic form but my message didn't go through. I think it was due to me using more characters than the system would allow, but it's not like the website clearly stated a character limit.

So, I'm concerned that my message would not go through or only part of it will go through while the rest gets cut off. Either way, I have no way of knowing.

Anyway, I don't plan to send Apple a 10 page paper describing everything I want. In fact, I prefer to be as brief as possible. However, sometimes it's necessary to be a little more detailed, especially if you're suggesting a whole new feature that doesn't already exist in some way. I just want to make sure that if I put in the effort to share any ideas, Apple will at least have the ability to see what I wrote in its entirety.

Do you know if the Product Feedback forms are reliable? Is there a character limit for the description part?

Is there some way for me to see a copy of my message as it shows when Apple receives it?

Is there some other way to send feature requests to Apple?

Which of these links is best for sending feature suggestions to Apple?

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

http://www.apple.com/feedback/mail.html

Posted on May 13, 2015 3:25 PM

9 replies

May 14, 2015 10:30 AM in response to deggie

I beg to differ... ASC-ToU expressly Permits suggestions - § 1.12

12. If you provide any ideas, suggestions, or recommendations on this site regarding Apple’s products, technologies or services (“Feedback”), Apple may use such Feedback and incorporate it in Apple products, technologies, and services without paying royalties and without any other obligations or restrictions.

May 14, 2015 11:45 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

(“Feedback”)

The paragraph you quoted relates to Feedback as noted (and which has already been suggested).

And, this immediately follows Section 1:

Submissions

Stay on topic. Apple Support Communities is here to help people use Apple products and technologies more effectively. Unless otherwise noted, do not add Submissions about nontechnical topics, including:

1. Speculations or rumors about unannounced products.
  2. Discussions of Apple policies or procedures or speculation on Apple decisions.

Anyone would use this clause to win the argument you have initiated. Since there is nothing to argue about, I am done here.

May 14, 2015 12:33 PM in response to babowa

§ 1.12

12. If you provide any ideas, suggestions, or recommendations >>on this site<< regarding Apple’s products, technologies or services (“Feedback”), Apple may use such Feedback and incorporate it in Apple products, technologies, and services without paying royalties and without any other obligations or restrictions.

= Permission to do so - so long as you understand that apple then owns it free of charge.

NOT Speculation or rumors of unannounced products

NOT discussion of policies, procedures or decisions

when one want s to do something that is not apparently available in an app or on a device, saying "I want to do such and such. Is there a way to do that?" If the feature exists, someone will tell them how. If there is no direct facility to accomplish the task, there may well be a way with AppleScript or Automator to do it on a Mac - done here all the time.

Without knowing what the OP has in mind, we'll never know whether this is a dumb discussion to be having.

Now I'm out.

I want to send Apple some feature suggestions, but I'm not sure if my recommendations will be seen if I use the Product Feedback page. Is that form reliable for sending ideas? Are there other ways to make feature requests?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.