Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

F4 equivalent in Office for Mac

I have historically used F4 to repeat commands in MSWord and PPT, etc. Is there an equivalent in Office for Mac? For example, I will highlight a paragraph of text, then move to another sentence or paragraph and select it and hit F4 and it will repeat the last command. I looked up shortcuts for "repeat" and it's not the same thing, I think it's more like "redo" as in "redo/undo." Anyway, any help would be appreciated. For the most part it hasn't been too painful to get used to the differences with this version of MSOffice. But this is one of a few that is really annoying me mostly because I'm generally fairly adept at figuring stuff like this out on my own :-P

Sorry if I'm on the wrong board here...newbie alert

Thanks

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 13, 2015 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2015 5:54 AM

In Word, Excel, PPT you can use this key combination:

Command + y

⌘ + y

It should repeat your last command:

(e.g. make the next selection bold, in Excel make a column the same width, on a slide move over selected text one tab and so on)

As an FYI, ⌘ + y will not work on every action. For example, in Office 2011, if you want to change text color, and then select another section of text to also change its text, then ⌘ + y works.

But if you want to highlight a section of text, and then select another section of text then ⌘ + y will not work, it ends up doing the text color but not the text highlight.

User uploaded file

This is not a major impediment.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2015 5:54 AM in response to dbmorgan1101

In Word, Excel, PPT you can use this key combination:

Command + y

⌘ + y

It should repeat your last command:

(e.g. make the next selection bold, in Excel make a column the same width, on a slide move over selected text one tab and so on)

As an FYI, ⌘ + y will not work on every action. For example, in Office 2011, if you want to change text color, and then select another section of text to also change its text, then ⌘ + y works.

But if you want to highlight a section of text, and then select another section of text then ⌘ + y will not work, it ends up doing the text color but not the text highlight.

User uploaded file

This is not a major impediment.

F4 equivalent in Office for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.