Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Volume up/down doesn't change Bluetooth Speaker Volume

Hi Community,

I have a problem which started to appear around 1 month ago and didn't stop.

I own a 2010 Macbook Pro and connected a Denon Envaya Mini Bluetooth speaker to it.

When I got the speaker the "system" volume change also affected the speaker but it doesn't anymore.

It doesn't work via volume up/down buttons, menu bar settings or system settings.

When changing via up/down buttons you can see the volume overlay and the volume dots going up and down without effect.

Sometimes the speaker goes mute, even if 1 dot is still there.

Already tried different resets (PRAM,...) and Safe Mode boot. Also reset the Denon speaker several times.

The volume up/ down still works with my iPhone 5s with the same speaker.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 14, 2015 1:08 AM

4 replies

Jun 9, 2015 11:08 PM in response to lolastian

I have the same problem with my Denon Envaya Mini. Using the keyboard volume buttons or the menu bar slider does not change the volume. I can adjust the volume using the volume control slider built in the player software (iTunes, VLC, Spotify...) but it is not as convenient. I noticed the problem appeared after I updated to Yosemite in May 2015. Not being able to use the volume controls of the keyboard is very annoying. Any solution/hint would be appreciated !

Macbook Air (13" mid-2013), OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Mac Volume up/down doesn't change Bluetooth Speaker Volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.