Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to solve iWatch screen issues like a big dark round spot on the screen and lines?

I have an iWatch and suddenly a big round darl spot appears on the right corner and some vertical and horizontal lines appears on the side. The unit is still functional but the screen looks very ugly. Is anyone experience this problem and do you know how can I fix it?

Thank you!

iWatch 2011

Posted on May 14, 2015 12:13 AM

7 replies

Jul 23, 2015 3:34 AM in response to mikese

The same thing happened to mine suddenly on 18 July 2015 exactly one week after I purchased it, and enjoyed normal use up to then. http://youtu.be/vM8pJb-ZqLA Sent it in to third-party service centre and apple refused to replace the screen, asking me instead to buy another new Watch as replacement. This already contravenes Singapore's consumer laws. Notwithstanding that, the technician claims apple says this was caused by 'hard pressure on the display' which never happened, as Force Touch isn't applied at such an odd area of the screen. I believe this is a hardware fault and is quality related. If apple does not want to cover this under their normal warranty and after properly investigating the cause and not drumming 'nonsensical' allegations of mis-use of the product, you may have to resort to your country's statutes on your right for refund or exchabge with the re-seller.

Jul 30, 2015 6:27 PM in response to iphoneSGguru

From my interaction here and on other Apple fan discussion groups, the consensus is that there are different standards. In the US, every Watch owner with similar or other complaint have had their product repaired or replced at the Genius Bar at the Apple Store. Outside the US, there's no such confidence despite statutory laws such as those in Singapore, Australia or the UK which very much do more than standard warranties applicable in the US. In a nutshel, Apple US personally followed up after I escalated it directly via Apple Customer Support in Singapore ('thank you all fine chaps who are handling my case), and when Apple engineers personally reciewed whatever data they could or could not get from the third party service centre in Singapore, said they will allow for it to be replaced., adding after I enquired, that this was without any doubt under the warranty. This does insinuate that QCD Technology (the most established Apple service centre in Singapore) may have staff who operate on their own guidelines, not nexessarily reflectibg Apple's policies or for that matter respecting the statutory rights of the consumer. The loophole used to be that if their technicians claim 'improper use' such as 'unusual force' was applied, it could nullify the warranty. However, what they ignore is that the new laws allow for refunds, replacement and exchange on demand if the customer reasonably is dissatisfied. It's important to note this, as it will involve the Apple premium retailer and not Apple directly. Apple is of course depending on all these parties to be compliant to the laws and best practices related to their warranties and business ethos but this can easily be 'under their radar'. Right now I am awaiting QCD Technology to call me and/or issue a replacement voucher or product. I hope it will turn out well, for everyone. But this has diminished my respect for this particular service centre, but there's no choice. I plan to advocate better and fair practices by these businesses in Singapore after this experience.

Aug 13, 2015 5:47 AM in response to iphoneSGguru

Exactly three weeks to the date (18 July to 13 August), QCD Technology called to inform me that Apple USA has issued a ticket for the replacement of the faulty Apple Watch and tgis has been ordered. The replacement watch arrived in its slim packaging and I was able to get it set up and restored in just minutes. Feel 'complete'. But questions about the double standards in warranty by Genius Bar at Apple Stores versus third party service providers who earn money from sales and defects may lead to disparity in how the same faults are handled.

Sep 25, 2015 6:06 PM in response to Alkouatli

Hi there Saadi.

If you are now in Vancouver, you have several Apple stores to call at with the Watch and get the Genius Bar to have a look at it. There's one at Pacific Centre South and another at Oakridge Centre. If you have moved out to another location where there are no Apple stores/Genius Bar to assist, you should try visiting the Apple website of the country you are in, go to the Customer Support tab and fill out a request for someone to contact you (email or call) and follow-through the process. (That worked for me.)

Apple's not come out yet to say if the defect is due part to the manufacturing process; currently, this very specific defect is being reported out of Europe as well. Please do make the effort to report and update us here of the outcome so we know what's happening.

Cheers, and all the best!

How to solve iWatch screen issues like a big dark round spot on the screen and lines?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.