Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iSight camera doesn't work; the green light keeps blinking.

The other night I was on Skype, using my camera just fine, when all of the sudden my video froze, and the green light started to blink. I turned the video off, and back on (on Skype), to see if that would fix it, but it did not. The green light that lights up when the video is on, kept blinking every second or so, even when the video option wasn't on; even when I was not in a Skype call. I've tried the video in PhotoBooth and FaceTime, and it doesn't work in any. I've run the Macbook diagnostics and it didn't find any issues with the computer.

The computer is a Mid-2014, 13" MacBook Pro Retina Display. It is up-to-date, version 10.10.3, OS X Yosemite.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 14, 2015 7:46 AM

1 reply

May 16, 2015 8:13 AM in response to Nassau4

Hi Nassau4,

I see that you are experiencing an issue with the built-in iSight camera on your MacBook Pro. I have an article for you that may help you troubleshoot this issue a little further, and it can be found below:

Built-in iSight cameras

These steps are for iSight cameras that are built into a computer, such as the iMac G5 (iSight) or later, the MacBook, or MacBook Pro.

1. See if the issue is application-specific.
    Try another application (iSight works with applications like iChat, PhotoBooth, and iMovie HD 6) to see if the iSight camera exhibits the same behavior in all applications. If it only happens in one application, try reinstalling that application.
  2. See if the issue is user-specific.
    Test your iSight camera in another user account. If the issue only occurs in one user, the issue would be isolated to user settings.
  3. Find out if the computer recognizes the iSight
    Check System Profiler (in the Utilities folder, inside the Applications folder). Under the USB header, check to see if the iSight camera is detected.
  4. Reset SMC or PMU
    Reset your computer's SMC or PMU, and then check System Profiler again. (SMC reset instructions for iMac G5 (iSight), Intel-based iMacs; PMU reset instructions for MacBook and MacBook Pro.)

If your built-in iSight camera is still not behaving correctly after trying all these steps, you may need to contact Apple or an Apple-Authorized Service Provider for service.

How to Troubleshoot iSight - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT2090

Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Braden

My iSight camera doesn't work; the green light keeps blinking.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.