Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes keeps 'freezing'

Everytime I open Itunes after using for a few minutes it freezes (beach ball comes on ) music still plays but I can no longer make any aleration to track selection. etc, All i can do is undertake is a force quit. My media files are stored on an external drive and only the names / details are held on macbook. currently using iTunes 12.1.2. Frustrating anyone got any simple solution ideas?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 14, 2015 4:24 AM

5 replies

Jun 4, 2015 11:39 AM in response to dennis3484

I appreciate your help with this matter. I tried your suggestions and a whole bunch of other things I looked up on the internet and somehow i fixed the issue, although that was a while ago and I thought I should at least share how I got it sorted

However Im now not absolutly sure that these are the steps that resolved it for me ( so try cautiously)

Do not have iTunes open whilst undertaking these steps.

I think I checked and resolved any 'permission' issues using disk utility.

Deleted a bunch of files (moved them first to safe place just in case you can put them back if it dont work)

home folder/library/preferences/com.apple.iTunes.plist

home folder/library/preferences/com.apple.iTunesHelper.plist

Hopethis works for you

Itunes keeps 'freezing'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.