Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad was stolen in a burglary yesterday can I find the serial number and imei number from icoud?

I need the serial and imei numbers to get the ipad blocked, my icloud has a record of the numbers but they are starred out other than the last digits, can I get them from icloud and how do I stop anyone else registering the device with Apple?

Thanks

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 14, 2015 7:10 AM

3 replies

May 14, 2015 7:14 AM in response to LindaV1947

If you have the packaging then you get their serial and IMEI numbers from that, or if you had registered to them to your account : https://supportprofile.apple.com/

Or if you have a backup of it on your computer's iTunes you can go into iTunes > Preferences and on the Devices tab hover your mouse pointer over its backup : Find the serial number and other information for your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you'd activated a cellular account on them then contact your carrier and get it cancelled.

If you had Settings > iCloud > Find My iPad enabled on it then you could try locating it either via http://www.icloud.com on a computer or Find My iPhone app on another iOS device. As well as contacting the carrier you should also change your iTunes account password, your email account passwords, and any passwords that you'd stored on websites/emails/notes etc.

Apple themselves don't track and/or stop other people using it

May 14, 2015 7:15 AM in response to LindaV1947

If you registered your device, you can find the serial number at this link:

Apple - Support - My Support Profile

You can also find the serial number in iTunes if you have ever backed up your device to your iTunes account. Log into iTunes on the computer where you did the backup, click on Preferences under iTunes in the menu bar, then on Devices. Hover your cursor over one of the backups, and a window with your Serial and IMEI number will display.

You can also find your Serial number on the original packaging if you still have it.

If you want to block your device, you can use Find My iPhone to send a Lock Code and Message or to wipe the device altogether.

Best of luck,

GB

My ipad was stolen in a burglary yesterday can I find the serial number and imei number from icoud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.