Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to edit photos in one place and have it changed everywhere. PLEASE HELP

Hello! So I wanna edit my photos in one place and have that same picture edited every where (my macbook, iPhone, photo stream, etc.). So edit in one place and have it changed everywhere without making a whole new photo. Can you even do that?

Posted on May 14, 2015 9:36 AM

3 replies

May 16, 2015 9:38 AM in response to noopiex

Hey there noopiex,

I understand that you want to be able to edit a photo on one device and have that edit update on all devices. Due to this stated desire, it seems like using the iCloud Photo Library would be the best option for you:

What if I edit a photo or video in my iCloud Photo Library?

Any edits you make (such as crop or apply a filter) automatically update across all of your devices. We store the original version of your photos in iCloud, so you can revert to the original view at any time. If you choose Optimize Device Storage, your original photo or video will download for edits.

iCloud Photo Library FAQ - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Braden

May 19, 2015 10:36 AM in response to braden85

So, I deleted all my photos on my iPhone 4 so now all my photos will be living on my photo stream and my macbook. What I want to do is be able edit (put a filter on it) either in photos or in iPhoto. When I'm done editing with my photo when I select done I don't wanna create a new photo I just want it to change it on the photo stream. Is that possible? Am I using the wrong program?

May 26, 2015 8:58 AM in response to noopiex

Hey again noopiex,

Did you first activate iCloud Photo Library, as mentioned in the link I provided above? This is only a feature of iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Library would need to be activated before this is a possibility. Since you have now mentioned that you have an iPhone 4, I can tell you that this particular device cannot run iOS 8, therefore it cannot utilize these features of the iCloud Photo Library. In case the information you have provided is wrong and you are not trying to utilize these features on an iPhone 4, use this information to turn on iCloud Photo Library in order to activate this functionality:

How do I turn on iCloud Photo Library?

If you want to turn on iCloud Photo Library on all of your devices, follow these steps:

• In iOS 8.3 or later, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos, then turn on iCloud Photo Library.
  • In OS X 10.10.3 or later, go to System Preferences > iCloud > Options next to Photos, then select iCloud Photo Library.

iCloud Photo Library FAQ - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264

If you have any further questions about this process or how to activate this feature on all of your devices, I would suggest that you use the following link to contact Apple Support: https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action.

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Braden

Trying to edit photos in one place and have it changed everywhere. PLEASE HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.