Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I plug in any memory card Fianl Cut Pro X opens automatically. How can I stop this?

Everytime I plug in ANY usb or sd cards, Final Cut Pro opens and tries to import files automatically. How can I stop this?

Thank you in advance!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 14, 2015 8:15 AM

6 replies

May 14, 2015 9:04 AM in response to upabove8

I am surprised. Note that this is a per card basis (i.e. different cards may behave differently). If you chose the option for one card, it may not affect another card (i.e. you may have to repeat this for the different cards you use).

FWIW, I just retested my previous instructions and they work for me.

I grabbed an SD card with some videos on it from my camcorder, inserted and nothing opened. Then in Image Capture, I switched to open: "Photos", ejected and reinserted the card, and sure enough Photos started. Did the same to set it to Final Cut Pro, and then finally to no application and it obeyed my instructions every time.

When I plug in any memory card Fianl Cut Pro X opens automatically. How can I stop this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.