Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I getting a grey bar on my capture window?

I Am using a canon vixia hv30 and Final Cut Pro 7. I got the footage to log with audio and video but there is a wide grey bar in the center of the window with small grey bars cutting the frame into 1/3s.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on May 14, 2015 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2015 12:56 PM

how does the footage look in the camera?

7 replies

May 15, 2015 8:28 AM in response to Axetattoo

I'm not familiar with the camera, but can you check your camera settings and see if they match your easy setup in fcp. You can usually see your camera settings by activating the display function on the camera. Interested in particular with the frame rate. Not all formats are compatible with fcp.

Also, the audio file you have in your timeline is NOT a suitable format for fcp. This is a heavily compressed format and needs to be converted to a 48k 16 bit aiff before importing into fcp. Although fcp will allow you to import many kinds of files, often they are not suitable and will often cause problems down the road.

May 15, 2015 6:50 PM in response to Michael Grenadier

This is the screen shot Of the canvas when the video is paused. Once I've pressed play it will resume as normal but as soon as i hit use they op up again along with the little green check mark. I used a quicktime conversion and it went to an MOV file and played fine using quicktime or preview but as soon as i try to load any file into DVD studio Pro it says file not compatible

User uploaded file

May 16, 2015 8:12 AM in response to Axetattoo

some kinds of HDV are not compatible with fcp.

select a problem clip in the browser or sequence and hit command-9. What is the frame rate and what is the compressor?

Best workflow for fcp to dvdsp. Export as quicktime file (file: export: quicktime movie (NOT QUICKTIME CONVERSION). Take the resulting file into compressor and use the appropriate dvd preset to export a m2v (video) and ac3 (audio) file. Bring these files into dvdsp and drop onto a track. You should be good to go.

Why am I getting a grey bar on my capture window?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.