Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio pops on output

Yosemite, FCPX 10.2.

Whenever I output a file from X, every 1-2 seconds, there's a slight 'pop' in the audio. Happens like clockwork and it doesn't matter what codec I am using to output. Anyone else having this issue? It is not in the source audio, nor is it in the timeline audio. Only on the output.

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on May 14, 2015 10:05 AM

8 replies

May 14, 2015 10:40 AM in response to frustratedbutopen

Sorry, no clue. But these things can often be diagnosed with a quick test or two. Share a short range, say 30 seconds, from one of the clips that you use int he project. Does it exhibit the popping? If yes, it is, unfortunately, something probably wrong with your source media. If not, well, then you try something else. Try a new 30 second project and add any audio filters and music clips, one at a time, sharing out after each major change to you project. Eventually you find the culprit.

the wonks may have an instant solution for you, stay tuned.

May 14, 2015 11:11 AM in response to David Bogie Chq-1

Thanks for the reply. Its 100% not the source audio. I've even pulled it into audition and checked - the audio is clean. The audio in the timeline of FCPX plays back clean and pop-free. There are no filters or plugins whatsoever on the master timeline. I've tried a straight "master" output, as well as a 'send to compressor' output. The problem persists.

I will try the other tests you mentioned and report back. Thanks

May 15, 2015 12:45 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom - As I stated, the audio on playback in FCP-X is also clean. The source audio in FCP-X is clean. The timeline audio in FCP-X is clean. The pops are introduced upon output. I just did another output and the pops are there. 1920x1080, 24p, audio is 48 Khz throughout.

Is there a way to downgrade to the old version of X? Everything I create has these hits and it wasn't a problem in the previous version.

Jun 1, 2015 6:52 AM in response to David Bogie Chq-1

Deleted X, deleted compressor. Deleted preferences. Rebooted. Re-installed both. Pops are gone, but now my H264 outputs and certain MP4 outputs will fail to have any video attached. Selecting a portion of the timeline and outputting with the exact same setting will be totally fine, but selecting the entire timeline and outputting will be audio-only, yet still be an MP4 or MOV.

Jun 1, 2015 7:24 AM in response to frustratedbutopen

I remembered an issue that used to happen quite a few versions ago, that sometimes selecting video and audio vs audio only or video only sometimes didn't take. I did not think that would still occur, but apparently it is. In the old days (and I'm talking 10.0.* here) a workaround was to choose video and audio but a different codec (like ProRes); then the video & audio would take and the next export would work correctly.

Audio pops on output

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.