Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos app 2015....has anyone ordered a photo book with this yet?

I have a beautiful photo book ready to print but can't get past the Add shipping Address entry. After selecting my contact info, I get an Invalid Address error message. The information in the following fields is missing or incomplete: Street contains a P.O. Box.

Unfortunately, the "Street" field DOES NOT contain a PO Box....I don't have one!

Help, Please.

iMac G4, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on May 14, 2015 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2015 11:23 AM

1 - please share correct information - you state that you have OS X 10.4.3 - there is nversion of iPhoto that can order books that will run on that OS -- what version of iPhoto and of the OS do you actually have?

2 - most common cause of this is an incorrect print products country - but without correct information about versions it is impossible to know for sure or to give you specific advice - look in the iPhoto or Photos references for the print products country setting and be sure it is correct and matches your billing information

LN

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2015 11:23 AM in response to ryan kotar

1 - please share correct information - you state that you have OS X 10.4.3 - there is nversion of iPhoto that can order books that will run on that OS -- what version of iPhoto and of the OS do you actually have?

2 - most common cause of this is an incorrect print products country - but without correct information about versions it is impossible to know for sure or to give you specific advice - look in the iPhoto or Photos references for the print products country setting and be sure it is correct and matches your billing information

LN

May 24, 2015 11:16 AM in response to ryan kotar

I had this same issue today... It seems to be a bug for any address that has the letters "P" and "O" in them, in that order (doesn't matter if there are characters in between). I simply just took the "O" out of my address and it let me use it. Hopefully the post office will figure it out!

Time to learn some regex Apple... That's some sloppy code.

May 25, 2015 5:54 AM in response to jamesecahill

Apple support helped to get the book ordered and to me on time!!

Had to change any letter O in my street address to zeros. This removed the error, but they had to correct my shipping address behind the scenes.

Hopefully, they will resolve this issue on the next update!

Unexpected problems always happen, but Apple support was amazing! And my book turned out great!!

Dec 7, 2016 9:23 PM in response to macuser9985

Same issue? Same answer! It pays to read teh answers before posting

Apple support helped to get the book ordered and to me on time!!

Had to change any letter O in my street address to zeros. This removed the error, but they had to correct my shipping address behind the scenes.

Hopefully, they will resolve this issue on the next update!

Unexpected problems always happen, but Apple support was amazing! And my book turned out great!!

LN

Dec 9, 2016 5:39 PM in response to jamesecahill

I had the same issue, removed all the Os after any Ps (including those in the state/province, which was a bit problematic) and then, past that hurdle, was able to fix the address back to completion using the arrow on the right-hand side of the address. Sometimes Photos would freeze when suggesting a change in the address (when the only option is to accept or ignore the suggested change), but force quitting Photos and trying again worked.

User uploaded file

Dec 9, 2016 11:55 PM in response to LarryHN

I don't know about that. You suggested on your post from Dec. 7, 2016 (quoting a solution from the OP from May 25, 2015) that replacing the letters O with numbers 0 was the answer to this question. Did it work for you back then and not anymore?

I only

removed all the Os after any Ps

Removal did it for me, not replacement. Just wanted to clarify that to avoid confusion for others reading these threads.

In my experience, choosing to ignore the suggested address didn't work by itself and that dialog seemed a bit inconsequential to this issue. Again, though, that was my experience. Maybe you can explain a bit more what you mean in today's (Dec 9) post and the steps you've needed to replicate and solve this issue?

photos app 2015....has anyone ordered a photo book with this yet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.