Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fcpx 10.2 can't save FX presets if…

fcpx 10.2 can't save FX presets if… they are not fcpx own Effects.

I just ran tests on various plugins. Magic Bullet Looks, Film Look, Mojo, Alex4D and some others. When I save the preset, I invariably get the beach ball. When I relaunch fcpx, the "saved" preset appears in the Category Folder, but greyed out (without an image inside). Then I get the beach ball again.

I then remove the preset from the folder (Library, Application Support, ProApps … ), relaunch fcpx eveything is fine again.

I tried changing preset names, streamlining everything I could, fcpx just does not seem to accept any third party plugin I tried. Can't fcpx read its own preset format?

How come audio apps have been saving effects and plugin presets since the beginning of digital times, and the most modern video editing app first does not allow us to do this, and then crashes on the task when it finally does (as a great feature). just sad.

… ah yes, we got 3D text…

Does anyone have a better experience? Thanks.

fcpx 10.2 / OSX10.10.3

Posted on May 14, 2015 11:46 AM

6 replies

May 19, 2015 9:31 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks for your reply but an implemented function that does not work cannot be justified by its complexity. Mostly when other editing apps do actually save presets.

On a more technical aspect, a video image simply needs more data to be described, and our actual computers are conceived in a way they can handle very fast streams of smaller data (what sound is like), where image is described as fewer samples of larger data. If you look at the maths involved, time-space varying processes in sound require extremely complex calculations; a lot more than a bunch of filter presets in video. Still, both can be represented as a simple set of parameters that can be saved as presets. … that could be saved as presets.

May 20, 2015 9:50 PM in response to David Bogie Chq-1

Thanks Tom and David for your answers. I'll check with my FxFactory plugins and also if there is a newer updated version of the Magic Bullet suite. That's where the problem may come from if saving-recalling works for you both.

But I guess developpers like Alex are not going to make newer versions of all their plugins even though many people use them and they provide functions not found elwhere (and at such a cost).

Thanks for your time.

fcpx 10.2 can't save FX presets if…

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.