Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since I updated to iOS 8.3 my ipad2 is running slow and jerkey.

Has anyone with an iPad2 noticed slow and baulky use afterwards?

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 14, 2015 3:45 PM

10 replies

May 14, 2015 5:45 PM in response to tcp25

Try doing a general reset: Settings->General->Reset->Reset All Settings, you won't lose any data but will have to log back into your wifi network(s) & customize certain settings again.

If you use Safari, be sure to Clear History & Website Data regularly.

Also, clean up any unused apps, old emails/messages, photos

If nothing above helps, then try restoring your iPad to factory settings using iTunes.

May 19, 2015 3:56 AM in response to tcp25

I can't use iTunes since our iMac is just old enough to refuse the later versions of iTunes. Apple used to be great for backwards compatibility but that also seems to be ending. They've taken on an 'update or die' approach.

I can keep my iPad going so long as I only have one app open at a time. This morning I was in Safari for a while when I decided to switch over to my weather app. That ended the session. It took about 10 minutes of constant restarting to get enough stability to turn off wifi.

Very bad, Apple!

May 28, 2015 7:21 AM in response to tcp25

Still having problems despite restoring to my last back up. The problem seems to be with multi-tasking or background activities. I can surf or stream music for some time until a second operation kicks in. Example: I can be streaming music and the iPad will suddently hang requiring a forced restart. Once restarted the Mail app will beep and indicate new mail. This happens often so I've set my Mail settings to not automatically push mail forward from the server. The hang was caused by uploading mail in the backgound.

Same issue with Facebook. I can scroll through no problem unless I accidentally hit a link to take me to Safari or play a video.

I can keep my iPad running so long as only do one thing at a time.

This update is not good.

Since I updated to iOS 8.3 my ipad2 is running slow and jerkey.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.