Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to export health data from iphone 5 to iphone 6

I got a new iphone6 and Im having trouble exporting all my helath app data from the old iphone5... I already tried to do it using the backup & itunes (no luck)

Thank you

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 14, 2015 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2015 2:13 PM

Hi fjkwan,

If you are trying to transfer your Health data between iPhones via an iTunes backup, make sure that you have enabled encryption, as noted int he following article:

Back up your health data

You can back up the data stored in the Health app to iCloud. Your data is encrypted as it goes between iCloud and your device, and while it's stored in iCloud.

If you're not using iCloud, you can back up your health data with iTunes if you select "Encrypt iPhone backup" in the Summary tab.

User uploaded file

Use Health on your iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 8 - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2015 2:13 PM in response to fjkwan

Hi fjkwan,

If you are trying to transfer your Health data between iPhones via an iTunes backup, make sure that you have enabled encryption, as noted int he following article:

Back up your health data

You can back up the data stored in the Health app to iCloud. Your data is encrypted as it goes between iCloud and your device, and while it's stored in iCloud.

If you're not using iCloud, you can back up your health data with iTunes if you select "Encrypt iPhone backup" in the Summary tab.

User uploaded file

Use Health on your iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 8 - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Sep 15, 2015 8:19 PM in response to brenden dv

This would be great if encrypted iTunes backups didn't frequently get corrupted. After weeks of syncs getting stuck, I switched to un-encrypted backups, not realizing my Apple Watch activity data counted as "Health" data and wouldn't be backed up. Today I restored my iPhone as part of unlocking it from AT&T, and was horrified to find ALL my activity and Health data lost forever. So disappointing -- I was proud of my exercise progress, and now it's all lost -- months of data. Fix iTunes and syncing, please, Apple. It's a mess.

How to export health data from iphone 5 to iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.