Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Pages 5.5.3, how can I write a document in French?

In Pages ’09, using the separate Inspector, it was easy to change the language. I use French as a second language and have befriended a French family with whom I’m now in regular contact. I can’t find any way of changing the language (with attendant spell-check) in Pages 5.5.3 - all I get is the option to change the keyboard layout - which I don’t want to do. It’s very easy to put accents in but the British spell check keeps changing everything I write so I have to resort to using Pages 09.

Has anybody found out how to (temporarily) use another language in the latest Pages?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 14, 2015 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2015 4:02 PM

Edit > Spelling and Grammar > Show Spelling and Grammar, then choose the French dictionary.

7 replies

Feb 9, 2016 7:23 AM in response to Heinz1970

Heinz1970 wrote:

I don't find Word more advanced. It is a great text editing program, but shity design. That’s why I like Apple apps.

Understood. But many people need to get more complicated work done, and if an app is lacking features essential to doing that, great design is not much consolation. People who need linked text boxes, facing pages, language tagging of text, better proofing tools, and various other things have had to abandon Pages 5.

In Pages 5.5.3, how can I write a document in French?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.